- Amir Nahravan
A new version of Windows Template Studio, v 1.3 is available to download now. The news was announced by Clint Rutkas, Senior Technical Product Manager via a blog post. From the blog post:
“We’re extremely excited to announce the Windows Template Studio 1.3. In this release, we added in app scheme launch, finalized our work for localization, massive improvements in accessibility and started our work for Visual Basic support.”
New features and improvements include -
- Scheme to launch app
- Default Windows theme support added to template
- Files are now UTF-8 with BOM to make sure all cultures are supported
- Accessibility support in templates
- Accessibility support in Wizard drastically improved
- Lots of under the hood bug fixes and code improvements
- All needed parts for localization are built-in now (looks like we missed window to get actual localized files)
- Initial VB engine work was added in.
- Bug fixes
- StyleCop enforcements across Template and Wizard code bases
- Appveyor added for pull requests to be sure we have proper continuous integration checks
- Required work for .NET Foundation
What Is Windows Template Studio?
Windows Template Studio is a Visual Studio 2017 Extension that accelerates the creation of new Universal Windows Platform (UWP) apps using a wizard-based experience. The resulting UWP project is well-formed, readable code that incorporates the latest Windows 10 features while implementing proven patterns and best practices.
Download Windows Template Studio
For complete information of What’s New, visit the GitHub page of WTS.
If you are a Windows Template Studio user, Visual Studio will automatically update the extension. If not, you can manually update it by going to Tools >> Extensions and Updates >> Windows Template Studio and clicking on the “Update” button.
On the other hand, for fresh installation, just download the extension from https://aka.ms/wtsinstall.
Along with this release, Microsoft has provided with a roadmap of what is coming next.
"We love all the community support and participation. In addition, here are just a few of the things we are currently building out that will be in future builds:
- Fluent Design in the templates
- Ink templates
- Improved Right-click->add support for existing projects
- Localization in the wizard
- Visual Basic support
- Caliburn.Micro support
- Prism support
With partnership with the community, we will continue cranking out and iterating new features and functionality."